Re: ihc-digest V5 #203

>Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:33:11 EST
>From: ScoutFreak@domain.elided
>Subject: how to connect msd to scout distributer
>
>i connected an msd ignition system to my existing distributor. i have a 1976
>scout II with electronic ignition. it doesnt work! i followed the mfg. wiring
>dia. concerning the magnetic pickup distributor. i did not use the gold box,
>is this where i went wrong, because the schematic doesnt show the gold box.
>can someone please lend a helping hand in being very explicit in how to
>connect this system correctly.

ScoutFreak
I'd be happy to help, but the easiest and best help by far is to call
MSD's support number and unless you get the new guy with the accent,
you'll get help quickly and efficiently. You don't need the gold box. If
calling MSD doesn't, for some reason appeal to you, say so and I'll go
dig up my schematic and see if I can help. Memory won't help in this
case, because I replaced a Prestolite system including the distributor.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"