Re: ihc-digest V5 #197 Shocks

I know I'm behind, just don't seem to have time to read digests during
the week.

Check out the Edelbrock shocks.  They are mounted with the rod down.  The
way it is designed is that the piston moves, not the body of the shock.
This is backward from normal shocks.  The reason is that they can have
seriously different valving on the jounce and rebound.  There are
actually two valves on the piston if my memory serves.  They are set up
to allow very easy jounce (wheel going up) and then hold on the rebound,
(wheel goes down).  This allows the wheel to easily go up over a bump but
not to fall into chuck holes.  They're not cheap but. But test results
have been very positive.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "'Necessity' is the plea for every
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/   infringement of human freedom.  It is the
   _/        _/ _/   _/         argument of tyrants; it is the creed of
 _/    _/ _/    _/ _/    _/          William Pitt, 1783