steering stabilizers

I was just browsing through John Landry's website (kudos John), and one of
the advertisements is for the IH hydraulic steering stabilizer, part #
549500C91 (I think).  Has anyone used this, and are they still available?
I was wondering if there was a cheaper alternative to the $50-60
aftermarket stabilizers and brackets advertised by the IH vendors.

I would love to get new shocks, a 'straight steer' brace and a steering
stabiilizer so my girlfriend could drive my scout, and I can actually stay
within the lines, but it is just a little cost prohibitive right now.

Bill Wisser