Re: bearing numbers

>Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 19:02:56 -0800
>From: "Allan Weidenheimer" <allanw@domain.elided>
>Subject: IHC Bearings
>
>I've noticed in my IHC parts manual, many times bearings
>have part numbers like "ST292", and "ST518".  These are items like
>the pilot bearing, NP205 x-case output bearing, etc.
>I think I read that the 'ST' denotes a standard bearing, but
>these are not bearing numbers.  Does anyone have a cross
>reference that converts these ST numbers to Timken,
>Torrington, NDK, etc. numbers?
>
>Allan Weidenheimer
>72 1210 pickup

The "ST" numbers are actual IH part numbers.  After Tenneco acquired the IH
tractor line, they converted most of the Case bearing numbers to IH's "ST"
numbers.  If you have an industrial supply or farm supply near you that
handles Case or Case/IH parts, they can help cross the numbers for you.  If
not, I can check at work (if you don't mind waiting about a day:).

Denni