Ken's Weird Dana 300 Question

Ken,

Maybe the guy tried to use the gasket for a Jeep Dana 300.
Was it a round gasket?  Jeep D300 has a round mounting
pattern where it bolts to the tranny, the Scout is just like
the D20 with one less bolt hole, sorta trapezoidal.  Some
other things to look for:  The Scout Dana 300 has aluminum
output housings on it.  The bottom of the D300 compared to
the D20 has one less hole where it bolts to the tranny.  The
Dana 300 is pretty straight across the bottom of the
mounting flange; the D20 has an extra hole in the middle of
the bottom.  The Dana 300 mounts to the tranny with 4 bolts;
the Dana 20 mounts to the tranny with 5 bolts.  The pan on
the D300 is shaped differently than the D20.  I can't
remember exactly, but it seems like it's not as deep and
it's more rectangular, without the extra bumps of the D20.
Also, the drive gear attached to the back of the tranny has
more teeth on the D300 than the D20 has.  I can't remember
the exact number.

That's all I can remember.

Doug