Scouts Rule!!!!

I was taking a short walk behind the house this evening and encountered
the younger brother of one of my neighbors walking back. He had gotten
his fullsize Blazer stuck in a small creek. His brother David was coming
to pull him out with a CJ7 Jeep. He hooked up, but the Blazer didn't
move. The Blazer had two opposite wheels spinning only water. So I just
had to volunteer to help. David had helped me pull my Jeep Cherokee out
of some silt last fall (using my Scout) so he had some idea what it
could do. But a full size Blazer is considerably heavier than the
Cherokee.

Since it had rained all morning and we only grass for a pulling surface
I didn't try to pull it alone. We both hooked up with chains and were
basically side by side on a side hill slope. The rear bumper of the
Blazer was sitting on one bank of the creek and we had to jump it out of
the holes it had dug in the muddy creek bottom. We started pulling and
both started sliding sideways. We couldn't pull him out with a straight
pull, so I started letting it rock. I could tell the Blazer was going to
come out then. On about the fourth rock the Scout was getting a good
bite and the Blazer came out.

David, who was driving the CJ7, said how when he was pulling nothing was
happenig, but when the Scout was pulling he could feel the Blazer coming
out. He really admires the Scout now! His brother was impressed as well.

I just can't wait till I have Boggers and lockers!!!!

Thomas Kiene

79 Scout II 345, 727, 4" springs, many mods in mind.
75 Scout II 304, T18, rust bucket
88 J*** XJ 4", EZ Locker, 31" BFG MTs
87 4WD Suburban (wife's car)
Other GM toys