Lift - 8hrs into it...

Well, I spent around 8hrs installing my lift today.. and I have ONE
corner done (driver's rear)!

Over 4 hours were spent trying to remove the rear shackle.. the
shackle/frame bushing bolt had seized to the steel sleeve, and just
didn't want to let go.. a combination of drilling, pickle-fork, propane
torch (man I really wanted an oxy-acetelyne!), pick, lots of beating with
a hammer, chisel, punch, and a few hacksaw blades... and I finally got it
all out!

Actually pulling and installing the springs was *EASY*..

Now, if I can just get the other 3 shackle/frame bushings to cooperate a
bit better, I might actually finish the job tomorrow (today?) morning..

*yawn*

Gotta head to bed.. lots of wrenching to do in the morning!

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
72 Scout II - P.O.W.
'77 Scout II - one corner 4" lift, others are stock :-)