Re: Dipstick

IH All,
  Has anyone had problems with oil leaking out the dipstick tube?  My =
345 does not have any type of cap on the stick, and I think the oil is =
climbing the stick and "rustproofing" my engine compartment.  I checked
=
another scout today and his dipstick had what looked to be a homemade =
cover on the tube.  He also had vac pressure drawing air INTO the tube.
=
I'm thinking the DPO might have snapped and replaced the original stick.
=
 Here's my questions:
   =20
    1.  How long is the stick from bottom of stick to where it clears =
your tube?
    2.  At idle do you have a vacuum, blowing or neutral pressure?
    3.  What kind of cap/cover do you have?

                                            Thanks=20
                                                    Mike
Hey Mike,
Why don't you call Giddum-Up or somebody and get a used dipstick. It's
easier than screwing around. I know because I screwed around and left
the bottom two inches of my dip stick in the pan. Hello, Giddum-up and
damn I hate to drop that pan just because I was stupid.
John