Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 18:34:58 -0500
From: cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees)
Subject: bunch of stuff
<snip>

  <snip> Will the pads for the Scout
calipers fit the fords? Should right?

        Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
------------------------------

Nick,

     Of the 4 scout II tops that I have had, the holes for the
factory 'luggage rack' have been in a variance of +/- 1", so
basically if it fits, and you like it, go ahead.  It is centered
right and left, the variance is fore/aft. There are no supports
in the rooftop made for the screws of the rack, simply two #10
sheet metal screws at every mounting.  Make sure to run a small
bead of silicone around the holes when you put it on, to seal and
prevent rust.  Also a piece of inner tube cut to the shape of the
base will help seal, and prevent ALOT of noise.  I actually moved
my rack on my original scoutII top (5 years ago?) about 1/2"
forward because the holes had begun to rust out.  The brackets
covered the old holes also, so to look at it you'd never know I
had moved it!

Good luck,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.