Power Steering Adjustment

IH All,
Last night, I was trying to take some of the slop out of my steering by the
adjusting nut on the power steering unit. I've done this on my other Scout
without any problems
After loosening the lock nut and turning the adjusting screw in a bit, I
wasn't able to get the lock nut tight enough to stop fluid from leaking
under the lock nut. My manual say there is a rubber gasket that prevents
this leak. Has anyone had this leaking problem, or torn down the pump and
replaced the gasket? Is the gasket readily available?
Much thanks in advance,
Yank

73 & 79 Scout II