266 heads

...so after digging and winching for 2 hours, we finally pulled my scout
out of the mud. We then proceeded to Mike's house where we pulled the 304
heads of my scout. To Mikes amazement the valves were cracked and sucked
into the heads. So, after going thru Mikes inventory of parts we decided
to slap on some rebuilt 266 heads on my 304 block...voila' de heads fit
like a glove and performed beyond my expectations. No pinging with 87
octane with good bottom and top end power and a nice sound. I'm very
happy.

I don't read all the postings on the digest, but I do recall some
discussion on smog port bolts. I'd like to know if a solution was
discussed on plugs for these air injector holes.

BTW Tony Sorbrito just scored a dana 60 front and a 14 bolt rear that we
may see on his scout very soon.

Happy Monday,
Joe Valdez
Jvaldez@domain.elided