"Who Makes That???"

Okay, I thought that I'd been pretty lucky to have a savvy parts guy, but I
recently was in a chain store and asked for a regulator valve for my truck.
After he failed to find it I suggested he look for the same part from a
mid-70s Navistar.  All he said was "Who makes that??", I thanked him for his
inept help and walked out of the store.  I guess I'll go back to the more
expensive NAPA, where they know me but always manage to find what I want.  Of
course it doesn't hurt that they are across the street from my office - when I
walk in they always say "Now what do you want?" or "When are you going to sell
that thing?".  Knowledge costs more but lately it seems to be worth it.

Stop me before I ramble on...

Steve
Steve Mallinson
`62 C100 Pick-up