Re: '71 Half Cab

Yeah, I'll agree with Tom on this one...

<<BUT, that said.. I don't think the "71 Scout 1/2 cab pickup" is a SCOUT II..
It sounds like a Scout 800A(B?).  Scout IIs never (FAIK) came with TWO gas
tanks.. but the 80/800 series did.

That said, I think the Scout 80/800 half-cabs are even less "rare" (or
perhaps, less uncommon?) than the Scout II half-cabs.

I have an early sales brochure from '61, internal-only, and almost ALL of
the Scout 80 pics had the pickup version.. just a couple of the Traveltop
option.>>

I've got a '65 half-cab. There really not all that rare. I would say that
depending on the year, roughly a third of the Scouts put out had a half-cab,
though I don't have figures to back this statement up. It really sounds like
an original Scout, not a II though. Sounds to me like a '71 800 B, half-cab.
Should have a bench seat in it, though buckets were optional on cab-tops.
Definately got a t-18 and either a 196, AMC 232, or 304. I would definately
agree though that the thing about 2 tanks is a tip off that its an 800, not a
II. It would take some working to put 2 tanks in a II. Besides, it would be
pointless anyway, with the 33 gallon tank that's available. That is, of
course, unless the person means two Jerry cans????????????????????????????????
*as the mystery music plays*
Devin Smith
'65 Scout 80