Re: ticki-lation

Well, my opinion on the subject of articulation is that some is good. More
than some is really good. However, more than more than some is just bad. I
think that you have to set your rig up for certain conditions. I mean, I can
see rock-crawlers using some mega articulation rig. But I need a sort of all
purpose rig that can get me to school and cross-country, while still taking
the backwoods, handling snow, some rocks, and even some mud. Therefore, I plan
on buying the 3" springs from Mr. Scout, which I feel should be perfect for my
new axles and tires (hopefully a one piece 44 rear and 30 front off of a late
800 and some 32x11.5 MTs respectively). Remember, there's gonna be a lot more
force on those springs with larger tires and heavier axles, which should make
up for some of the added springrate. Anyway, I hope to have maybe 15-17" of
travel both front and rear with some new shocks. Shouldn't be too hard to get
those kind of numbers. I'm already getting 12" rear and 9 1/2" front, and
that's with 9 leaf packs on the front! Anyway, shouldn't be a problem. That
added travel, combined with the nice added stance via wider tires should make
it both stable and flexible. And with a 3500 lb. 44 rear  and a 2800 lb. dana
30 front end, to replace my Dana 27's  (only 2000 lb. each), the driveline
should be plenty strong.That seems to me to be much more practical that a
4,800,000 RTI if anybody else can dig what I'm saying.
Devin Smith
'65 Scout 80