Re: Painting undercarriage, etc.

Tom,
  When I had all my stuff torn apart, I took a wire brush in a drill
and got as clean a surface as possible on the axles, springs,
steering knuckles, backing plates, and everything else I had laying
on the floor.  I painted primer first and then some heavy duty black
spray paint.  It seems to have worked well so far.  Plus, it's not
really too much work involved.
HTH,
Myron