Re: IHC radios

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:31:21 -0500 (EST)
>From: "daniel.r.felix.1" <dfelix2@domain.elided>
>Subject: students, stereos, and parts
>On a totally unrelated subject, I was very surprised Sunday night when I
>pulled a speaker out of my '65.  I took it inside and hooked it up to the
>stereo, and it worked!!  Amazing that something 33 years old, stereo
>related, still works.  I don't know about the radio, though, because it
>isn't in there.  I might hook up the AM radio in the '64 sometime and see
>if it works.  Got me wondering- does anybody still have the original radio
>in their Scout/pickup?  Does it work??
>
>On another unrelated note, when I got this last parts Scout, I also got
>the front body panel for a Scout II.  It is the panel that the grille and
>headlight attach to.  If anyone needs it, let me know.  It is in very good
>condition, no dents or dings if I remember right.  And if anyone needs a
>top for an 800, let me know.  I will be selling the top that is currently
>on my 800, as soon as I put the new top on.
>

>Dan Felix
>1966 Scout 800 - running
>1965 Scout 80 - sitting on a pallet; no axles, engine, tranny, T/C
>1964 Scout 80 - rolling

Believe it or not, when I bought my '73 in 1992 the AM radio still worked,
and so did the clock!  The clock's gone AWOL since then, but the little AM
radio still turns on.  It can't be tuned, however, so I can choose any of
the painful AM country stations in my region for my listening displeasure. :)

Denni
'73 Scout II