RE: Theft

I did something similar with my '75 Scout II awhile back. I had
scavanged A VERY large capacitor from an old missle silo and hooked it
up to the inner fender, insulated the door hinges from the door and
hooked it up to charge from the battery till full. I was being
transfered to
Chicago for Navy training and knew I would need some sort of theft
deterent. One night during leave I went downtown to party at Excaliber,
and just happened to get a table by the window. A little later, I looked
out to see how the old binder was and there was someone lying on the
ground next to the driver side door. I called the cops and they promptly
arrived and cleaned up the mess next to my vehical. When I went out
later, {still sober} There wasn't a mark on her. I turned the system off
with the switch mounted inside the roof rack, and drove home with a big
grin all the way. I would have hated to have been that 'jacker..He He.