Re: Electrical resistors

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:22:03 -0700 "CDesPlanques" <adesp@domain.elided>
writes:
>What is the rating of the ballast-resistor (goes between the + and the
>coil).
>I have a '67 with a 196.  Mine doesn't have one now -did this hurt
>anything?
>
>Chris Des Planques

I'm not sure of the value of the resistor--fairly low, less than 100 ohms
I think (maybe even down into the 10 ohm range), but you probably have
one in the form of a piece of resistance wire in the harness rather than
the old ceramic block resistor on the dash. Without one in the circuit,
you'll have short point life because it's function is to lower the
current through the coil and points, except when voltage is dropped
during starting.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]