Re: Coonrod's and Traveler Lift gate.

>But, he had it, and it was waiting on the counter for me, and it was
>right.

>I think he knows his Scouts, especially from a parts perspective.

Regarding Coonrod's-Phil not only knows his Scouts and IH products, he
has a passion for them.  He has the only successfully cut down Traveler
top mounted on a 100" wheelbase Scout II.  Excellent fabrication!

snip:
>I know folks recommend against it, but it seems to me there is a
perfect
>"cut me" line on the liftgate where the body line runs across the top
of
>the fender, over the gate and to the other fender.  The support studs
are
>still in the same spots, and the gate would still be able to open and
lift
>up properly.
end snip:

Your right there looks like a perfect cut line but don't do it.  The two
piece Traveler hatch back is bonded together and forms a strong "box
structure".  Cutting this open weakens the part.  Besides leaking and
having no room to put in a latch yada yada yada...  		I have
seen several of these attempts and they all fail miserably.

If you want a liftgate to work on your traveler I have made the molds
and can make you a quality part.  But it is expensive because of the
labor involved.

Rob Marks  NW Binders Pres.