more on durabak

I inquired about Durabak through their website a while ago.  I don't
remember the html, but I found it through a general netsearch.  They sent
me a little sample and a whole of info on their product.  The owner sent
me a separate handwriten note saying they were looking for local
distributers in my area (New England).  It sounds like a good, small
company - one that I do not mind patronizing.  However, I need to fix the
holes and various rust spots before I can think about a bedliner.  If
anyone is going to look into the bulk discount, I would be interested in
getting a couple gallons for the future.

How rust-free does the metal have to be before a common bedliner can be
applied?  What about rusting through from underneath?  Where the bed meets
the sidewalls on my Scout is rusted through.  Do you think I can just cut
out the old stuff, poprivet some new metal in and slap some coating over
the whole thing?  I am a little worried about the structural strength of
that process.

I need about two more rounds of $500 - 600 body work before the truck will
be totally solid, but at least it is not getting worse.

Bill Wisser