Re: no oil pressure

The black helicopters hovering over the house recorded Eric Walter
<ewalter@domain.elided> whispering:

>So, is the stock gauge mechanical or electrical? If its electric, maybe
>its just a loose connection?  I'm assuming that any mechanical failure
>that would cause the pressure to drop to zero would be permanent.
>Unless the pickup tube fell off 2 quarts low shouldn't cause the
>pressure to drop to 0.

Eric,

The stock IH oil pressure gauge is electric... and very problem prone!

I'm not saying you don't have an oil pressure problem, but the gauge is
*not* to be trusted.  If you nothing else, before you start tearing into
your engine, swing by an auto parts store and buy a mechanical oil pressure
gauge.  Install it and then judge the problem.

If you show normal oil pressure after getting the new mechanical gauge,
then your problem is gone.  If you want to get the original oil pressure
gauge working *somewhat* correctly once again (after your sure you have
good pressure), then let us know here on the Digest and we'll help you out
with some pointers.

Good luck,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ | 1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts donor)