Amphenol Connectors

>>From: "Eppinger.Michael" <Eppinger.Michael@domain.elided>

Where do you get the catalog for the Amphenol connectors?  Do you have a phone
# for the place?  Will the factory send a catalog out?  I'd like to see all
the options that they offer.<<

I met one of the Amphenol reps at a lighting trade show a few months ago.  I
questioned him about firewall connectors and he asked what kind of vehicle -
after I answered he and his friend had a good chuckle.  But he flipped me his
business card and said to call him - he'd send me a few - gratis.  Well, free
parts never did happen, but his catalog is most informative.  He thought the
most appropriate connectors were the "Miniature Cylindrical" series,
specifically the "FPK & FYL Firewall...Pyle National MIL-C-26500 firewall
Class K...temperature resistant to 400 deg F."  As to offices/phone #s, I have
listings for Amphenol in NY, Canada, CA, IL, VA; Pyle-National distributors in
CA, CO, GA, AZ and the international listings include Australia ( I know there
is at least one Digest member "down under".  Jed?)  Thus, there are too many
numbers to post them all.  Anyone can e-mail me with a request.  Just tell me
what part of the world you live in and I'll be happy to e-mail info.  Someday,
I too plan to replace my firewall connectors...someday...

Steve
Steve Mallinson
`62 C100 Pick-up
no heat or defrost, yet, now just a big antifreeze leak...
Seattle, WA