Extra Batt w/ AC

Well, finally got the air compressor mod "done" (for the moment).. I
probably spent 20 hours under the hood.. and a bit more $$$ than I'd hoped
(but I do have a good bit of left over parts!)

Now that it's all in there, some time with a tape measure says there's
enough "length" room between the washer bottle and the front of the truck,
to mount an extra, fullsize "Group 24" battery on the passenger fender ledge
(stock jack location)...

Width wise (towards the engine) there's enough room... EXCEPT for the pulley
on the compressor!  I think that will cause me problems.. just a 1/2" or so,
but enough...

So, I either take some closer measurements (or just test fit that extra
battery in the garage), or... if I re-locate the wash fluid reservoir, I can
slide the battery down towards the heater, and have plenty of room in all
directions for it.

I poked around the washer bottle just a minute ago (checking, and
confirming, I *do* have an air leak.. slow one, but it's there.. ), and I
can see the hose coming from the washer bottle up to the cowl and the
sprayers.. but I couldn't determine where the actual PUMP is for the washer.

I'll take a peek in my Service Manual sitting on the desk here..

But, anyone have any great ideas on where to relocate the washer bottle?
The passenger side of the hood release is gone, that's where the pressure
switch is.  But the driver's side area of the firewall is open.. either on
the "flat" next to the hood latch, or on the "angle" where the firewall
comes out into the engine bay (and where I chose to drill a hole for my
manual choke, and soon for that hand throttle)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 Scout II - P.O.W. :-(
'77 Scout II - full of air :-)