Re[2]: T'Quad mixture screws

     John,

     Rebuilt the carb about two months ago.  Ran great till last
week.  The secondary jets are controlled by vacuum operated
needles that adjust automatically.  The carb is clean, the
secondaries are the problem.  Worked the carb from inside the
hood.  I didn't dip the carb when I cleaned it, I pumped the dip
through the orifices.  This isn't the first carb I've done, but
it was certainly one of the easiest.  The inside of the body
really doesn't have anything in it.  The old gaskets (previous
owner) were the 600cfm size, and they actually stuck into the
throats almost 1/8".  I installed the new gaskets (~700cfm),
needles, seats, o-rings, floats, and it ran like a champ.  The
accelerator pump works fine, so I'm guessing that there is a
problem with the secondary valves into the horn in the throat.

     I'll check delivery and pressure in both states (new/old
filter) tonight and let you know what I find.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.