RE: Favorite Modification

Subject: Favorite Modification

	>I would like to know, purely for good discussion and future
>reference, what everybody here thinks was (or will be) your favorite
>modification of improvement to your IH.  <snip>
				>DurangoMan

Had to think about this one.......
My Tuffy security console is up there near the top of the list, as well as the straight steer brace (no more white knuckles) but the winner so far is the VDO mechanical oil gauge. Cost about $30 bucks, took an hour to install in the dash. I like it because with the stock oil gauge and a cheap after market (NAPA generic) I thought I had low oil pressure, which made me very nervous. Turned out the first two gauges were not giving me good information. The VDO tells me my hot at idle is 15 and hot at 1800 RPM is 35.
Both within specs.
 This little mod makes  me happy every time I start the Scout.

Willy (easy to please) Cunningham
77 SS II (with good oil pressure at 180,000 miles)