Rancho 9000 Question

IH All,
With the recent Rancho discussions, I am hoping that someone on the list
that has Rancho 9000's  answer a question.
When I got my shocks, the ones on the front could only be mounted with the
exposed rod/red boot on the bottom. Is this the way other Rancho 9000
shocks mount? Seems that in all pictures I've seen in magazines, the shocks
were mounted so the boots are on the top.
Thanks in advance for your responses!1
Yank

73 Scout II 345, 727, A/C, 2Bbl 2210
79 Scout II 345, 727, A/C, 4Bbl Thermoquad