Re: Air Compressors

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Tom Mandera wrote:

> Hmm.. I picked up some Campbell Hausfeld "Air Compressor Oil" while at
> Walmart the other day.. I didn't think it was actually *FOR* the compressor,
> for some reason I thought what I had bought would most likely be for the air
> tool oilers (which I don't need right now, but since I was there I grabbed
> it anyhow...)
>
> Fortunately, it IS for the compressor itself..
>
> RE: 10w30, this is what I found on the back of the bottle:
[snip]

I *think* that such oil may be for SINGLE stage compressors only.  I seem
to recall reading that somewhere... maybe I'm thinking of something else.
However I'm sure it will be fine.  I chose the Mobil Rarus 427 because it
specifically said it was for MULTIstage compressors (like the York).
Don't ask me what the difference might be.

Regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |   1976 Red / White / Blue (and rust)
Life Member of the NRA          |                "Patriot"
WA Arms Collectors              |            Scout II Traveler
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |            Don't Tread on ME!