Re: IH Pickups IH Directory

> Was it Alan W that said inside every Scout owner there
> is a Pickup owner waiting for the right Truck to come along....
Chris:
I wish I coult take the credit for that saying...it is a good one.
I don't remember seeing it before.  As far as 70's pickups go,
axles are wider than scouts, fronts are D44 in 1/2 and 3/4 tons,
D60 in one tons.  Rears are D44 in most 1/2 tons (I think) and
D60 in 3/4 tons, and D60 in 1 tons.  Some 1/2 ton T-alls with
the towing package got D60 rears, I don't know if pickups could be
ordered this way.
Basic models 1100/1110 are 1/2 ton, 1200/1210 are 3/4, and
1300/1310 are 1 ton.  Easy way to tell a 1/2 ton is the 5 lugs,
as 3/4 and 1 tons have 8 lugs.  Of course, with all the spring options,
a 3/4 ton could be optioned to have capacity that probably
exceeded a basic 1 ton.  On weight capacity, check for the
line setting ticket (behind glovebox) and the GVW plate
on the door.  For the 70's, transfer case should be
a divorced NP205, IHC code TC-142.  I have a 1970 price list
that indicates only the TC-142, not the TC-141.  I think the TC-141
was available in the 60's, and am not sure who made it, though
it looks like an NP 205.  Either should have a tag between
input shaft and front output shaft.

Jeffery:
I can take over the directory duty if you like, send me what you have
so far.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup