Spider gears front and back, general info needed

>My question is this: do the gear ratios in the front axle have to match
>the gear ratios in the back exactly??  The guy said the rear had 4.11's
>and the front had 4.10's.  Is this close enough it won't matter, or is it
>going to have major problems down the road?  I always thought that they
>had to match exactly.

Dan,
	The ratios are close enough, and shouldn't cause any problems as long
as she doesn't drive long distances on dry pavement like you said, this
isn't recommended for any 4by anyway.  The problem is, due to the different
castings of different axle casings the gears can't be cut exactly the same.
 I know D44s are a 4.09 cut, but if you ask for a set of 4.10s or 4.11s
noone wil tell you what you're getting (4.09s), its the nature of the
beast.  I think F*&! 9in. actually get a 4.11 cut, so if you ran a D44 in
front and a F9 in rear, with "4.10s", you'd actually have 4.09s and 4.11s.
My info on the F.. is only speculative, but I got the info on D44 from one
of the Driveline specialty places (DTS??) with an ad in 4WOR, so that
should be accurate.
	As far as convincing her to get a Scout, my tactic to get my babe into
a Scout is that when (if) I restore one for her, it will have power windows,
 locks, seats, mirrors, top of the line stereo, and convertable top so she
can hit the beach with her girly buddies.  I've almost got her convinced,
but I just want the pictures.;)  Good luck!
Layda,
Tark '77 Terra 345/T19/D20