Re:getting to the core of the matter

Hey there folks...Art here...

just caught this heater post (hope I'm not embarresingly late),

Original Message was:
                      > I have a '67 Travelall with a extra capacity
heater on it.  It seems to =
                      > pump out good heat but it is also leaking.  Has
anyone found a way to =
                      > remove the housing to get to the heater core?
Any help would be =
                      > appreciated.

My '65, '66 & '67 all fastened in with a couple huge (1/2 x 24?) studs
that go through the fire wall.
-Pull off that empty wiper-washer bottle and you'll see 'em within 6" of
it. Look for the big star washers and your heater hoses....

It usually fits tight enough so as to pull the nuts off, then with
either the seat removed (or slid wayyy back) you can slide the heater
straight out. If memory serves, you'll need a bucket for all the leaves/
pine needles that'll drop outta the vent tower...and a drill -to remove
the sheetmetal screws... I've replaced one (-no, two) before. Used
generic cores and new stainless sheetmetal screws. *S* Have funnnnn *EG*

Art
//
 -------
|OLD SUV| '67 T'all
 -------

-no memberships, clubs or associations. I don't sell RAM or software
either. *smirking*

//