Piston Questions

Hi All!
 I was sitting with my Northern Auto Parts catalog and gave them a call to
see why they say "except scouts" on the 304/345 engine rebuild kits.Turns
out that  they include a new oil pump in the kits and the pump will not
work on Scouts.The sales man said they would sell the kit without the pump
and the price would be about $507.00 or so.The salesman also asked "are
the pistons flat top".I said they were and then said "why do you
ask?".Turns out they show a domed piston that they can sell with the
kit.Is this piston from the heavier duty trucks or is it from the LPG
fueled trucks?If the LPG engines used a higher compression piston can the
gas engine use this piston or is the compression ratio too high for gas?

                     Have Fun,
                     Dennis
                     75II,345,727,ac