Starter solenoids, bearings

1. Ford style starter solenoid as a key switch relay:
   If you intend to use this as a continuous duty (on for long periods)
relay, you may be asking for trouble.  I don't believe these are rated
for continuous duty.  Other types are available that are, and they
will take the load off the ignition switch.

2. Moving the starter Solenoid away from the exhaust:
     IMHO, the starter will not be spinning any more than it would
normally, if I understand this conversion right.  All it does is
move the function of the 'washer' that is in the terminal end of
the solenoid, away from the heat.  The starter mounted solenoid is
still used to engage the starter and the power goes to turn the
starter and engage the solenoid at the same time.  Considering
the solenoid action time, that's pretty close to what happens
with the regular setup, time wise.  I don't think the starter gets
time to start spinning before the solenoid engages it.

3.  Nachi Bearing cross reference:
Nice job Tim.  If I need one of these for my AC conversion, I know
I can find one of those numbers locally!  And 3 pickups!  Eexxxccellent.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup
72 1310 Travelette