Re: ihc-digest V5 #122

Scouters,

Sorry I seem to be peranently behind in reading my digests.  When I
brought up the Fish carburetor I was using it as an example of how
gullible people are.

Ther is no such thing as a carb or efi that will get you 100 mpg on an
auto or truck, in any sort of normal driving.  The laws of physics preclude
it.  The Fish carb is a urban legend with no shred of truth behind it.
See my diatribe on electric cars a few days ago.  Read the Mobil economy
run stuff closely.  It too was just a game.

The Fish carb or some other name used to be periodically reported in the
news media and hailed as a breakthrough.  You would never hear more than
the first report as somebody would usually call up an tell them they were
being had.

Nobody ever seems to make this call in the case of battery powered
vehicles.  People really take it serioiusly.  Mostly in southern
California, which seems to be a land of no hard thinking.  You never hear
about this stuff from Minnesota.  Does the harsh winter bring reality
into focus or something.

Batt powered vehicles do exist, they're fork trucks in factories and
stores.  They're a pain in the butt, can't climb even the slightest grade,
run down before the shift is over, but... they don't stink up the store
with exhaust fumes.

If you want to have some fun call your local bleeding heart TV station or
newspaper and announce that you have the thing.  Use a different name,
some old fart may remember the name.  Come up with some silly looking test
data, etc.  Then when they get there tell them it has been sold and you
can't talk about it.  Then make a comment "off the record"  about the oil
companies buying it.  50-50 they'll bite.  They have no idea what's
reasonable.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776