Starting Problems

I haven't been able to start my C100 pickup for a week, since the first deep
freeze here in Seattle.  Initially it fired and I set the choke, got out and
started to scrape my windows.  Within 2-3 minutes it died.  The choke was
within the range I usually have it set.  It wouldn't start after that.  I
thought it had flooded, so I held the accelerator pedal down for a few minutes
to clear the carb and tried again - no luck.  Then the extremely steep road by
our house froze and I wasn't too worried about not driving my 2wd w/o heater
;-).  I squirted some starter fluid into the carb and it would fire, but
couldn't sustain itself.  So, I figure it is either spark or fuel.  (Can't be
much else, there isn't that many parts, <g>)  Fixing it is a little tough
because it is parked outside across from my condo and I get home after dark.
I am getting a friend to tow it to her garage where we can work on it
Saturday.  I'm going to see if gas is getting into the carb and if it smells
like gas (rather than doesn't smell --i.e. water), and thought about pulling
the fuel pump to see the same thing.  I'll also dump some isopropyl alcohol in
the gas tank to dry out the lines.  The plugs/wires were changed last summer.
The timing may need to be adjusted, but it runs pretty good.  What am I
missing?

Steve
Steve Mallinson
Macintosh User
Diehard Bronco Fan, thru 4 lost Superbowls
`62 C100 Pick-up
no heat or defrost, yet
Seattle, WA