RE:

Jim wrote:
>The trailer/marine catalog I have(www.expediter.com)shows this type >of
switch in versions from Hella and another brand(the Boston, >perhaps?)
with a jobber price of less than $40 for either one. >Cabling would get
interesting, but just buy 50' of 0ga welding cabls >and have at....
>Jim

When I checked these switches at West Marine, I believe they had an amp
rating, so the 0ga wire connects to ??ga internal connections in the
switch. The switches I saw could switch battery 1, 2, both or off. So
the lower cost ones may not handle winching current. BTW Hella also
sells small really nice looking panels of "spray proof" switches for aux
lights, etc.

Rob Kasper