Re: Spare Battery with A/C Comp.

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:55:08 GMT, you wrote:

>While making mud pies in the back yard, Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>
>giggled:
>
>>Not sure if the air compressor pump will extend out farther than the
>>alternator.. might need a "narrower" battery in that case. I'll find out
>>soon 'nuff.
>
>Tommy,
>
>Trust me... you aren't going to squeeze another full size battery between
>the A/C compressor and the firewall on a Scout II.  A motorcycle battery
>*maybe*, but not an automotive battery.
>
>Take care,
>
>John
>jlandry@domain.elided             |
>Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
>Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
>WA Arms Collectors              |
>Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |    1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot"
>http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |

Johnny,

Trust me... you can squeeze a full size battery between the A/c
compressor and the firewall on a Scout II.  It's tight but fits.  Next
time I change the belts I will get a smaller size and have more
clearance.  For pictures see http://home1.gte.net/nickl/air.htm

Nick Leiterman
Kent, Washington
nickl@domain.elided