Winch Mounts

>I know winches have been beat to death, but has anyone mounted
>a winch inside of the grille on a Scout2?  Mark

Hey Mark,

I am currently looking at that very option.  You probably would have to
cut out that front frame support, reverse it and install it back under
the radiator.  Add 3/8 - 1/4 " plate under the frame and vertically in
front of the frame for support.  Probibly have to cut some of the lower
grill out (lower valance panel)  If you had a body lift, that would help
also with the heigth of the winch installation, to keep it from blocking
the radiator.   You could also attach the aforementioned plated a little
below the frame, since you have some room to play with considering the
drop of the front shackles, or the reversed spring "towers".  I am going
to try to take some measurements tonight of the area available and
compare it to the winch's mounting area and overall dimensions.

I'll let you know.

Epp
74 Scout II
76 Terra
78 Traveler (parts is parts)
75 Travelall (parts for sale or whole thing)
75 Travelall another one (parts for sale or whole thing)
Member ScouTenn
"The end does not justify the means"