RE: boat style rocker arms

I was under the impression that the heads were identical, only the rocker assemblies were different. At worst, newer boat style heads might not be able to use old style rocker arm shafts (ooh, boo hoo big loss...hehehe)
'79 and later would have hardened valve seats in Scouts....that would be a plus for new heads.

Owen Minor
Tacoma,WA