Re: Cold Natured

>>Have you looked into installing a block heater or radiator heater?  Just
>>plug it into a timer for about 2-3 hours before you want to leave the
>>house.  Your toes will thank you.
>
>to it across a pubic sidewalk.  There's no outlet on the front of my house,
>so unless I installed one I'd have to run the extension cord inside through
>the front door.  Not a good idea really.

This, in stark contrast to Helena, MT.  EVERYONE has a block heater, and
extension cords running from their house/garage/kitchen out to their car on
the curb.  At one point, I had my '72 Scout II, my '76 Chevy Luv, mom's
Monte Carlo, and my brother's Chevette all plugged in in front of the garage
and on the street last winter..

In fact, if you were to drop by my office to say "Hello" to me, you would
notice very quickly that the outside paraking lot has 3+ rows of cars (I
know, "BIG" lot.. but for *Helena*, it is) and that the row against the
building has a line of outdoor electrical outlets for plugging your rig in.

Go to the underground parking garage (another 4 rows), and EVERY parking
spot has it's own outlet!

Naturally, my Scouts always park out in the middle of the out-door lot, away
from any wussy outlet, to sit out in the snow adamantly defying to be frozen..

Besides, out there everyone else can look at it and admire it better! :-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs

Mebbe I'll grab my QuickCam and take a shot out my office window... ;)