Trans Switch

james Lindberg posted:
>Hello. My '79 Scout 2 is at the automatic transmission repair shop and
they asked me what the >electrical switch/sensor on (I think) the
>right/passenger side of the tranny is for? They can't figure it out and it
leaks so they are going to >disconnect the switch and plug the hole
>with threaded plug. I asked if it was a neutral lockout switch to prevent
starting in gear and they said no. >Any insight as to what it is for is
>greatly appreciated. Here is a list of what is on this stock Scout:: 345,
4bbl, pwr steering, pwr brakes, >cruise control (broken), air
>conditioning, 2 speed (in 4x4 mode) transfer case, Chrysler 727 auto
trans. Thanks, Jim

Jim.
I had the same leak on my 79 Scout. At that time, no one on the digest knew
what it was for. So, I pulled it off and put in a plug. No problems since.
Yank