electrical problems...HELP!

I seem to have developed a electrical short somewhere in my 73 Scout II.
It must be a little one b/c the battery isn't draining down too quickly,
but it has once.  Any suggestions as to where to start looking (meaning
likely culprits); for the time being I'm going to hook up a master kill
switch to kill any power from the battery after I turn her off.

Also, the blinkers have become real slow lately, and yesterday they stopped
altogether; could this be part of my short problem?  Also, what would be
causing this to happen in the blinkers?  I also have the radio hooked up to
the same fuse as the blinkers, and the radio isn't working.  When I hot
wire the radio into another fuse, still nothing.

Thanks in advance,
Thee electrically ignorant

P.S. What makes it worse, I've been planning to do some field work for a
couple of weeks now, and I was planning on useing the Scout tomorrow for
just that; hell, if I have to push it through the Texas Hill Country this
week then that's just what I'll do!

Chris Mazur                                 SFASU Geology Department
409-468-4902 voice                    P.O. Box 13011
409-468-2437 fax                       Nacogdoches, TX  75962
mazur@domain.elided
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Union/5653/mazur.html