The carb saga finally ends

Ok, it is finally over.  My carb woes got fixed over break, and I can now
tell all you all about it.  I forgot to bring the numbers with me the last
time I checked email, so here they are.  For those of you who have
forgotten, I don't blame you, I think I started this thread about a month
ago, and am now finally finishing it.  Christmas break at a college can do
those things.  I am very much behind in the digests too.
Anyway, my woes started when I tried to adjust the float so the gas would
stop spraying out the top of the carb.  When I took the float bowl off,
the gasket split into two, I tried to use cut-a-gasket, it wasn't thick
enough, ordered a gasket from NAPA, got it after two trips and four days,
and what do you know, it is the right gasket this time.  Anyway, I
adjusted the float, took measurements after I did it too, you should be
proud I remembered to do that, the hinge end of the float is a little more
than the 3/8" the specs call for in the rebuild kit (from the top of the
float bowl).  The other end is about 1/2" from the top of the float bowl.
Sorry, I forgot to tell you what this is on.  Holley 1 barrel carb on a
152 cid in a '66 800.
Anyway, for those of you who care, the carb number is 890774 R91  LIST
2494.  I got a rebuild kit from CarQuest number 537A P6X (Tom Lang,
there's the number I hadn't got to you yet, sorry, see explaination
above). NAPA needed the list number to get the float bowl gasket, number
2-7665 (I think), should also fit list numbers 1914 and 1940, if I
remember right.  This gasket is a cork gasket, not a rubberized paper
gasket like the one that came in the CQ rebuild kit.
Don't get me wrong if you are thinking about rebuilding your carb, though.
It really isn't all that hard, its just that I rebuilt mine shortly after
I got it last spring and I didn't really work on the truck at all over the
summer, so that is why it has taken me so long to get it fixed, my fault,
not the parts stores fault.
Anybody want any other info, please email me direct, I imagine some people
are getting tired of this thread, if they even remember it starting, I
will try to help.
Thanks for putting up with me.

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - "Sweet Machine"