1950 L120 #106 -Reply

Tom;

There are a few of us out here with IH TRUCKS pre-60.  But we have to
be very, very quiet and polite about it or the SCOUT owners won't let us
use THEIR list serve.

As you see from the other replies, there are some as far away as
Australia, or in my case Canada!  I have a 1950 L-110 pickup that is in the
midst of a frame up restoration.  I just talked to another L owner by E-mail
who I hope will be joining this list serve soon.

Seriously, while the Scout owners predominate the lists, they do provide
us with a good forum to talk and many of their questions are applicable.
AND we all have IH poison in our blood!!!

I have only been able to find good sources of older parts in the mid-west
of N. America.  I visited a 'boneyard" in Saskatchewan last summer.
There were vehicles there that you could almost drive home.  I saw a mid
50's pu in Ontario this week that was almost completely rusted out.  But it
was a 4WD if anybody is interested.  An S-120 I believe.

I bought my windshield and gasket through the Navistar dealer in our
area.  Get two gaskets and you can use the second to replace your
back windows.  Buy a copy of Hemmings Motor News.  They list
sources of weatherstripping.

Bumpers and chrome you will find in boneyards in dry parts of N
America.

I have appealed to this list serve for an external sun visor for my pu and
have asked if anyone knows where I can find the 1950 L Series Pickup
Promotional toy that IH made available when they announced the truck.
So far no replies.

Don't fall for the Scout disease if you can possibly avoid it.  With a truck
we can go just about everywhere a Scout can go and carry them back
in the box.

But I wish you luck and maybe some day we can have a list serve of our
very own!!!!!

Lorne Heslop
Almonte Ontario
heslopl@domain.elided