IHC gas engine anti-theft measure

> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 20:56:27 GMT
> From: jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
> Subject: Re: Ugly?
>
> On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:24:23 -0800 (PST), Daniel Youngquist
> <dany@domain.elided> wrote:
>
> >And if they want to try and steal it,
> >well, good luck getting the diesel started with my manual glow plug
> >switches.

A good anti-theft measure for IHC gas engines is to rig a hidden switch
which interupts your internal distributor wiring on the primary side.

The wiring for such a set up needn't be more than 16 - 18 guage and is
easily hidden within the wiring harness wrap.

When the hidden switch is open, the would-be thief can run all the jumper
wire power he wants directly from the battery to the ignition coil, but
ain't no sparks going to come out.

Alas, this might be the last post from this netcommie shell account.

(No,,, PLEASE don't tell me that I have to start posting with my PPP
account!!  I hate having to download email in order to read it!!!!
Who in their right mind wants to download 100+ msgs a day!!!)

While it lasts.....	Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided