Shocks

My Scout has a sagging rear end (muck like me, I'm sorry to admit). One of
the shock mount bolts is loose and clunking, and the springs don't have
much travel before bottoming out. Anyhow, I went to Autozone and got the
shocks they said are the right ones, and they are puny! They are the
Gabriel LT (the red ones). They are so much smaller than the old ones that
I'm not even going to go the trouble to try them out. Can anyone help me
with suggestions on a manufacturer  and size for heavy duty shocks? I, too,
don't have a lot of cabbage to spend so I can't go for high performance
shocks. Thanks foir the help.

By the way, this weekend I'm welding in new body mounts, inner and outer
rockers, and floor pans. Wish me luck!

John Staub
'79 Scout II, 'Sierra, 345, Dana 44, AC, Tilt, cruise, saggy butt