Tie Downs

Doin' some more thinking this morning (uh oh)..

Any comments on purchasing some angle stock from the local hardware store,
the type with holes all along it, then welding this angle to the bed-walls
on my Scout II.. don't know if it'd be with the lip "down" from the flange
I'd weld up, or above.

In any case, place this angle stock just below the hard top inserts, butt
against the end caps, and bring it forward just past the rear bench but
behind the roll bar legs.  Weld the edge, then plug weld all the little holes.

Do this on both sides, and I'll have some decent tie-downs for anchoring
things where they need to be.  Will the bed wall be strong enough?

I gave some thought to doing the same on the tailgate, but I'd rather not.

I can see interference problems with the factory spare location (until I
relocate to a swing-away).

I wonder if I should do something similar on the floor, for even better
anchoring abilities..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs