Re: ihc-digest V5 #94 alternator troubles

Scouters,

I'm behind in reading digests again.  Someone was asking about alternator
troubles.

You will have to check out every alternator you get, new or rebuilt.  I
can't tell you how many rebuilts were DOA.

I just converted my Scout to a Summit 100amp one-wire.  $120.  Works
great and hook up was a breeze.  One 8 gauge wire from alternator to
battery.  That's it.  By the way,  when I got it I had to run it for a
while to get it to work.  Almost like the brushes had to wear in a bit
before it started working.  I exchanged the first for this problem and
the second did it too so I'm just keeping it.  Summit was very prompt
with the exchanges but didn't know why it was doing that.

Steve
Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776