CA SMOG & Personalized Plates

I found the California DMV page last night and looked into
the new smog laws.  A SMOG Certificate is not required for
registration or for Change of Title on 1973 and older vehicles.
I no longer need to figure out how to repair the EMS junk on
my '72 anymore.  Anyone know how to bypass the vacuum
box and connect the upper and lower speedo cables together
without this box?  Will the cables connect together?  I guess I
just need to look.

On January 2, I plan on walking into the DMV and registering
my Scout.  I also started thinking of personalized plates so I
checked to see what was available.
NOT AVAILABLE;  SCOUTII, CRNBNDR, KRNBNDR,
CRNBINR, IHSCOUT, 7SCOUT2, SCOUT2, SCOUT2N,
SCOUTIN,

AVAILABLE;  72BINDR, KRNBINR, O2SCOUT, SCOUTTO,
SCOUTTW, FARMEQP, SCOUTEN, SCOOOUT,  SCOUTT2,
ORNBNDR, SCOUT, RUSTYIH, DENTME.

My favorites are KRNBINR (Corn Binder), FARMEQP
(Farm Equipment), RUSTYIH (speaks for itself) and
DENTME (Inspired by the huge dent Joe Valdez has in
the rear driver side quarter of his Scout II that he got from
Sledgehammer and so proudly showed to me.)

Anybody have any other ideas?  I need to know by
December 30.