Thanks and firewall plug

>So I wish all IH'ers on this fine night
>Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night
>
>Charlie McKenna
>Who woke up on a "chilly" hawaiian morning (68degrees) inspired by the
>literary muse

Thanks Charlie,
That's nice.
John

>MY problem turns out is on the fire wall main electrical plug, for what
>ever reason? it turns out most of the wires when shook will make what
>ever they are attached to go on and off!  I got another (good looking)
>wire harness from the junk yard and will be replacing it this weekend if
>the weater holds.  If your dash is like your blinking lights on your
>tree you may want to check this option...
>
>Ed Kraus
>Hey I'm just trying to keep the thing together,
>maybe even drive some day!  :)

This plug that gets the wiring harness through the firewall is a legendary
problem with Scouts. I've never found a good answer. I'm surprised and
happy for you that you found one in good shape. Most I've had, or looked
at, had been burned, corroded, had extral wires pushed through, or had
deteriorated from the underhood heat,  and even with electromotive cleaner
and dialectric grease have been questionable at best. I read here on the
digest that some guys splice each indiviual wire and although I can see
that as a positive fix, it surely must be a pain in the neck.
notice how I like the word legend and its derivitives.
John

John Hofstetter a.k.a. Ol'Saline, who's been a lot of places none of us is
allowed to go anymore and that's a real tragedy, and who to quote the
senator from Texas, "has more guns than he needs but not as many as he
wants"
79 Scout Terra with 8000 lb. Warn Winch, Detroit Locker in rear and limited
slip in front, 4" Trailmaster lift kit, Holley Electronic Fuel Injection,
Mallory Unilite Distributor                                  MSD ignition
"It's a legend", but it's too darn long and too darn wide sometimes to go
where I ask it to go.

National Rifle Association Life Member   California Rifle and Pistol
Association
Blue Ribbon Coalition                    Friends of Death Valley
Sierra Macintosh Users Group             MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Association of California School Administrators  Life Member