RE: 3speed to 727

Message text written by Dale Downey
>Also I'm beginning to swap out the 3spd and install an auto (727 I guess)
from an 80 Scout II that I bought for drivetrain parts.  Is this possible?
 If so, any advice on the transplant?<

Dale,
I did the same thing.  No big problems, my original driveline worked.  I
used a B&M shifter because it was easier than adapting the Scout II
shifter.  You'll need a universal type trans cooler, mine is squeezed in
between the radiator and grill.  Use the Scout II cooler lines up to the
front of the engine, then rubber hose up to the cooler.  It helps if you
notch the floor tunnel where the cable shifter attaches to the trans.  Use
the auto trans mount (redrill your crossmember).  Be sure and check starter
length and/or spacers, I had a problem with too long a starter.
Good luck, you'll like the 727!!
Doug